Tourist Attractions
Teplá River Valley - Údolí Teplé
The Teplá River between Bečov and Loutnový, connects the sections of the Otročínský, Pramenský and Mnichovský Creek, about 8-16 km north-northeast of Mariánské Lázně.

Svatoš Rocks
The best-known and most significant granite rock formation in the Karlovy Vary massive is undoubtedly the Svatoš Rocks (Svatošské Skály), part of the Jan Svatoš National Nature Park (NPP).

Hirtenruhe
An elegant one-storey tower used to stand here. It was erected in 1847 but the surrounding forests had overgrown it by 1879. Only a sign now gives any indication the buidling once stood here.

Bag of Flour - Moučné pytle
The Moučné Pytle natural monument is located on Jelení Hill (644 meters high) on the green marked trail from Karlovy Vary to Horní Slavkov, about 1 km from the Bor gamekeeper’s lodge.

Lookout Tower on Panský Hill
This steel tower situated on the hill near the village of Drmoul, was opened on November 15 in 2008. The total height of the lookout tower is 55m, but the actual viewing gantry is 40m above the ground. From the tower you can admire the view of the Slavkovský Forest, Mariánské Lázně, Dyleň, Kynžvart and even as far as Přimda. During the winter months the tower is closed for safety reasons.

Alpine Hill - Podhorní vrch
Located near Ovesné Kladruby, the highest peak of the Tepelský flatland, a remnant of tertiary volcanic activity with significant geomorphological phenomena.

Town theatre
The first known theatre performance in Mariánské Lázně was played in a provisional wooden pavilion in the open air, said to be performed on 14th June in 1820. In 1868 F. Zickler built the original theatre building in the Neo-Renaissance style and a festive opening took place on 8th August.

Barren Hill - Planý vrch
This is a natural pine growth area on the southeast slope of Planý Hill with exposed serpentinite rock formations, partly interrupted by a small extinct rock quarry covered by a rare botanical community.

Horní hrad Castle and Chateau
Hauenštejn Castle was founded by the Czech King in the second half of the 13th century and was generously enlarged and remodeled in the neo-Gothic style by the Buquoys family during the 19th century.

Geological Park
Beginning at the edge of the town's spa zone, this educational trail presents an overview of the geological characteristics and flora communities found in the Slavkovský Forest.

Planá u Mariánských Lázní
The first written record of Planá dates back to 1251. The town was founded on an important trade route leading from Nuremberg to Cheb and further on into Bohemia.

Karola Lookout
The name comes from a distinguished visitor to the town, the Bavarian Queen Karola. This is a lookout pavilion built in 1875 on the hillside between the Forest Spring and the local cemetery (above today's car park).
